Sec. 465.001: Commission

A municipality or county may create and support with public funds a commission to:

(1) educate the public on drug and alcohol abuse;

(2) promote drug and alcohol education at all levels of the schools;

(3) study the effectiveness of efforts, including the commission's efforts, in reducing drug and alcohol abuse; and

(4) create and administer a program to counsel or treat drug and alcohol abusers or to provide both counseling and treatment.


Amended by Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 14, Sec. 191.